Cinestill Df96 Monobath is a one shot developer-fixer. It processes and fixes the film in one swoop, and is supplied in a ready to use liquid – no further dilution is necessary. As with everything black and white, there is always a trade off, and the extreme convenience of Df96 means there is a trade off in negative quality, and control. Saying that, you can still achieve very decent results. The concept isn’t new, and monobath developing can be traced back to the 1880’s, but Cinestill claim they have significantly refined the formula with Df96.
For full instructions click on the pdf document below, but in short:
• Ready-to-use processing for traditional B&W film in 1 bath
• Worlds fastest process at 27°C in just 3min!
• Flexible processing temperatures (21-27°C)
• Instructions for processing at any room temperature included
• Temp. tolerance is (+/-1°C)
• For normal or push processing
• Push/Pull processing by adjusting temp. (+/-6°C)
• Reusable, all-in-one solution.
• Processes over 16+ rolls of film
• Process 1-8 rolls at a time
• Extremely versatile self-completing process
• No special processor needed (use standard processing tanks and reels)
• Fully archival